POPI Act Services & Products
An overview of the unique IACT-Africa POPI Act Services and Products is provided below.
purpose of these offerings is to provide a set of tools that will
enable organisations to prepare for compliance with the Protection of
Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (POPI Act) without having to start
from scratch .
The objectives of these service offerings are:
- To enable an organisation to assess their current state against the POPI Act;
- To develop a plan for achieving an acceptable level of compliance with the POPI Act from a governance perspective;
- To execute the plan using the components of the service offerings without writing policies, notices, etc. from scratch;
- To provide awareness training to all levels of personnel in their organisation;
- Where appropriate, to execute the above with the guidance of experienced consultants in this area.
So where should you start?
Free IACT-Africa POPI Act Compliance Assessment
you commit to any of our products or services, why not take advantage
of our offer of a no-charge assessment? This free web-based assessment
is offered to help you gain an understanding of your readiness for POPI
Act compliance. Please contact us for a link and password to take up
An assessment of your status of compliance with the
POPI Act is a good place to start. Compliance gaps can be identified and
plans for more detailed analysis and remedial action can be developed
based on the outcome of the free assessment.
Then you can choose
to work with us. IACT-Africa offers a range of effective and affordable
products and services with our strategic partner PTC (www.p-t-c.co.za ) to fast track your POPI Act compliance initiatives.
IACT-Africa POPI Act Compliance Products
- IACT-Africa POPI Core Licence:
designed to meet the needs of the Small-to-Medium-sized organisation.
Includes the contents of the Essentials Licence plus additional features
and functionality which will support the more demanding size and
complexity of your POPI Act compliance initiatives;
- IACT-Africa POPI Extended Licence: designed to meet the needs of the Enterprise-siz
- IACT-Africa POPI Essentials Licence: designed
to meet the needs of the Micro-sized organisation. Ideal for Sole
Trader and Professional Practice usage. Covers all the essentials which
will support your POPI Act compliance initiatives;
organisation. Includes the contents of the Core Licence plus additional
features and functionality which will support the most demanding size
and complexity requirements for POPI Act compliance initiatives.
of these IACT-Africa POPI Licence options are available on a
self-implementation basis and can optionally be supported by our
Compliance Services as outlined next.
IACT-Africa POPI Act Compliance Services
- IACT-Africa POPI Implementation Support Service: designed
to complement the IACT-Africa POPI Licence option which best meets your
needs. A set of pre-defined services to support your POPI Act
compliance preparation project. Typically ranges from 10 to 40 hours in
- IACT-Africa POPI Implementation On-demand Service:
designed to be used by IACT-Africa clients who need Ad Hoc support for
the IACT-Africa POPI Licence self-implementation option; also for those
who have completed their compliance preparation project and need
- IACT-Africa POPI Licence Updates Service: provides periodic updates to the contents of your selected IACT-Africa POPI Licence. Available on an optional annual contract.
The components of the IACT-Africa POPI Core Licence include:
A POPI Business Case Tool, a POPI Compliance Assessment Tool and more...
Project Management tools
POPI Project Charter, Project Action Plan, Project Schedule Templates and more...
POPI Act Policy and Privacy Notice , Information Security Policy Templates and more...
Education and Training
POPI Executive Awareness Training pack, POPI Staff Awareness Training packs (aimed at various staff levels) and more...
Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI),Promotion of Access to Information Act (PAIA) and more...
Please contact us
if you would like to discuss your requirements and how we can be of assistance to you.
Please click here to go from the POPI
ACT Services page to the POPI Act Introduction page where you can view our range of IT Governance and